UFC champion Nurmagomedov offered McGregor to fight in New York in November

The holder of the belt of the Absolute Fighting Championship (UFC) in lightweight, Russian Habib Nurmagomedov called Irishman Conor McGregor to a duel in November in New York.

April 4 McGregor , accompanied by several people attacked the bus with soldiers who were supposed to take part in the tournament UFC 223 in New York, the bus was Nurmagomedov. On the video of the incident, you can see how the Irishman smashed the glass in the bus with a portable trolley on wheels. The fighters Michael Chiesa and Ray Borg were injured and could not take part in the tournament. On Thursday, a trial was held in the court of the New York district of Brooklyn on the case of a 30-year-old soldier, following which he escaped imprisonment; Also, the incident will not affect his visa and McGregor will not have a criminal record.
Continue reading

Showtime unveils a promotional video for the Klitschko-Joshua fight

Showtime company presented a promo video for the fight between IBF heavyweight champion Briton Anthony Joshua and Ukrainian Vladimir Klichko.

Boxing Britain – Anthony Joshua v Eric Molina IBF World Heavyweight Title – Manchester Arena – 10/12/16 Anthony Joshua celebrates his win with Wladimir Klitschko Action Images via Reuters / Andrew Couldridge


The meeting of these boxers will be the main event of the tournament, scheduled for April 29 in London (UK). At stake in this fight, in addition to Joshua’s IBF title will be vacant belts IBO and WBA Super.

Earlier, Klitschko called the British champion his copy.

Lomachenko in the suit of “turtle-ninja” challenged McGregor

World WBO featherweight champion, Ukrainian boxer Vasily Lomachenko (7-1, 5 KOs) defied the UFC champion Irishman Conor McGregor in an original way.

Lomachenko appeared in his training camp wearing a “turtle-ninja” costume. “The Lomaniaclo Ninja Turtle is waiting for you in the ring. I can test you, “the Ukrainian wrote on his page in Instagram, laying out a photo in a suit from the famous comic book superhero.
Continue reading

Tyson Fury announces return to boxing

British boxer Tyson Fury has announced a return to the ring. The athlete said that he is looking for a rival for the fight, which will be held on May 13.

“Urgent news! Return on May 13. We are working on finding an opponent. Wait for further news, “- wrote on his page in” Twitter “Fury.

Recall, the British won the WBA, WBO and IBF belts, defeating last year’s Wladimir Klitschko. Subsequently, Fury lost the title of IBF because of the refusal to carry out mandatory protection. Last year, he had to take revenge with Klitschko, but he was repeatedly postponed because of problems with the health of Fury. Later, he surrendered the WBA and WBO belts.

WBO world champion “Usik” called the name of his next opponent

Ukrainian WBO champion in the first heavyweight Alexander Usik (11-0, 10 KOs) spoke about his next opponent during the live broadcast of its the Instagram, reports Xsport.

“The next opponent, as far as I know, Michael Hunter. I want to meet with all the guys who have championship belts “, – said Usik.
Note that Hunter spent his last fight in May of last year, beating Thomas Aija decision.

Recall that the American could become a rival of Ukrainian at the end of last year, but the Usik opponent was the Thabiso Mchunu, whom Alexander knocked out in the ninth round.

As UNIAN reported earlier, previously broke the fight Cirrus assigned to the United States on March 18. The reason was the lack of space in the evening broadcast Boxing.

Joshua: Do not expect any show before the fight with Klitschko

British boxer spoke about his preparation for the fight with Ukrainian ex-world champion.

The world champion in the heavyweight versions of IBF, which is to meet in the ring with Ukrainian Vladimir Klitschko, spoke about his preparation, opened the mysteries of the upcoming boxing evening and told me what city wants to spend his next fight, Klitschko tells Brotherhood.

In Cologne, at a joint press conference with Vladimir Klitschko Anthony Joshua flew on a private jet. According to the British boxer, it’s not his plane. “It costs 13 million, and if you have so much money to spare, you can buy it. I’m not ready for such a step “, – quotes Joshua DailyMail. However, as recognized Anthony, surf comfortably he likes. “It was not so long when compared to the times when I was paying 40p for the bus to get to his gym, and then – in a van to the place next fight. But I do not lose the sense of reality. I would also be happy to come here by bus or train, but still a team with me, so I had to make a choice between the plane and travel by sea. ”
Continue reading

Lennox Lewis: For Joshua now is the time to beat Klitschko

Former world champion Lennox Lewis stressed that the British Anthony Joshua has a good chance to win over Wladimir Klitschko. The battle for the title of world champion under version IBF, IBO and WBO will be held April 29 at the “Wembley” in London.

– I think it’s the perfect time for Joshua – Air Force leads the words of Lewis – After the defeat Klitschko has weaknesses. Well, he will have a chance to win the belt in a fight against those who owned them for a long time.

Lewis: Klitschko was asleep in a fight with Fury, but if he falls asleep in a fight with Joshua?

Former undisputed world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis believes that the defeat against Tyson Fury – not a reason to write off from the account of Vladimir Klitschko.

“When I lost for just the second time in a professional career Hasim Rahman in 2001, all the critics insisted that it was all over for me. But the truth was the opposite. It rekindled the flame extinct. I came back seven months later and knocked him out in the fourth round of the rematch. All I wanted – to show doubters that they are wrong.

Klitschko was asleep in the last battle. He falls asleep again, or will seek to return to the title? I do not know, but I can say after two rounds of the fight. Anthony – an excellent young fighter, and now it’s time to choose a winner but still difficult, “- Evening Standard quoted Lewis.

Ticket sales for the fight Klitschko – Joshua broke the box office record of “Wembley”

Sales of tickets for the match between former world champion in three prestigious versions Vladimir Klitschko and the owner of his International Boxing Federation (IBF) heavyweight champion Briton Anthony Joshua broke the box office record of “Wembley” stadium in London among boxing fights. On it informs television channel Sky Sports.

It is noted that the fight has already sold more than 80 thousand tickets. The previous record for a boxing arena battles was established in 2014 by the British before the fight between Carl Froch and George Groves (about 77 thousand).

“The demand for tickets for the fight Joshua – Klitschko is phenomenal, this is the biggest fight in the history of Great Britain”, – said promoter Eddie Hearn Joshua. He also said that he had sent a request to the mayor and city council of London with a request to increase the capacity of the arena for five thousand seats.

Duel at stake which, in addition to the IBF title belt will be “superchampion” world according to the World Boxing Association (WBA), held on 29 April. Initially, the fight between the boxers was scheduled on December 10 but the 40-year-old Klitschko injured his leg and refused to fight.

During his career Klitschko had 68 fights, won 64 wins (53 by KO) with four defeats in November 2015, he lost to Briton Tyson Fury on points and lost the title of champion in three prestigious versions of the world, since the ring did not come out. 27-year-old Joshua is still undefeated in professional boxing, he won 18 victories (all – a knockout).